A MAP (Mission Action Plan) for Our Whole Parish
Our Vision is for our Churches and Communities to experience God’s abundant life.
Jesus said ‘I have come that they may have life and have it abundantly. John 10:10:
This year our main actions will focus on:
Church Life: Strengthened by worship, discipleship, pastoral care. Working with partner Churches.
Village Life: Build on existing links with village including Parish Council, Schools and local events such as well dressings.
Wider World: Encourage and welcome visitors to church & village eg Farming, local industry and business, wakes/gala week.
Continued work across all five Churches…..
•Exploring worship and music has increased variety and new opportunities.
•Events to encourage spiritual growth are available..Transforming Faith, Home Groups.
•New focus on grant applications and use of buildings.
•New emphasis on social events and stewardship [Families-Fun-Food-Friends
- Information for visitors developed across whole parish.
Plus Specific work at individual Churches…..
St Margaret of Antioch, Wormhill
- New heating system now working!
- ‘Roots and Shoots’ monthly event aimed at families established.
- Revise and update information for visitors and newcomers.
St Annes, Millers Dale:
- Informal service offered 3/year.
- Friends scheme in place, continue to work on social and fund raising events.
- Improve building to support community use eg toilet, grounds (Grants Needed).
St John the Evangelist, Cressbrook:
- Tea and Hymns, monthly informal service, well supported by church and community.
- Church Open for Teas during village gala week.
- Urgent work on building started with local help. More to do especially in the school room. (Grants Needed).
Christ Church, Litton:
- Discovery After School Club going well
- Cafe Services attracting young families
- Increase use of building eg concerts, poetry festival
- Roof repairs plus work to improve facilities for hospitality (Grants needed)
St John the Baptist, Tideswell:
- Wider variety of worship and music being developed
- ‘Voice for Life’ children’s choir started
- Increased involvement in community events, such as food festival and wakes.
- Develop ‘Coffee Corner’ to support hospitality and wider use of the building.
A group representing each Church will meet to encourage and support the MAP actions.