Christ Church, Litton, was dedicated in the late 1920’s, the gift of Miss Penfold of Sterndale House in Litton village. This new church building allowed the development of the school which is still housed in the original Anglican church built in 1869 by Canon Samuel Andrew, Vicar of Tideswell, to provide church, school and reading room for the village. Built of local limestone, Christ Church’s beauty lies in its simplicity, creating a prayerful space on the edge of the village surrounded by a community garden. With seating for 100 in the nave, there is a gallery for the organ and choir. The pipe organ was reinstalled in Litton when Peak Dale Anglican Church closed in 2006. The stone font dates from the 18th century.
Sunday services are held at Christ Church on the 1st and 3rd Sunday morning of each month. Christ Church is licensed for weddings and available for concerts and other community events. The gardens are maintained by a retired villager using plants donated by other villagers, and Litton CE School gardening club has an allotment at the rear. The cross in the churchyard was made by Messrs Bridgeman of Lichfield, and bears the inscription ‘is it nothing to you, all ye that pass by?’ from the Book of Lamentations. There is an eco-friendly composting toilet in the garden.